About Me

My photo
Academically challenged but creatively gifted, as i would like to say. I am 21 and am currently a care worker. I love music and film, mainly just watching films but i love playing and writing music.

Saturday 26 February 2011

My first blog...

12:53pm. Still in bed, work in hour and a half. Shouldn't of went to bed at 6am. Why do I do these things?
I've been thinking about starting to write some blogs for a few days now, I'm not a writer or anything, I just wanted somewhere to vault my views and situations. Not that I care who reads them, just something to do, possibly a new hobby I could start. "Ciaran's blog" I could post them on my facebook and see what my friends think of it or see how many "likes" I get. One thing that nearly put me off from starting this was the word verification when you sign up to these things. It took me five attempts, probably didn't help that I am slightly hung over, but still, those words were not easy to read.
I think it's funny how right now I'm telling myself i won't be drinking for a long time now, but i know that in a weeks time, maybe less, i will be drinking again. I think the reason i was drinking in the first place was because of where i was, a club called "Totally Wired". It's one of Thanet's (the town i live in) only alternative nightclubs, downstairs indie and alternative dance, upstairs metal. I used to DJ for this club for 2 years, every Friday night in the downstairs room. It is sad to say tho that i was probably one of the last true alternative DJ's, though i think the transcend was happening whilst i was there. I used to play a mix of indie, alternative dance and alot of old school and vintage stuff, but now it just seems to be mainly chart music and R&B, with the odd exceptions. Though when i was DJing i refused to play lady gaga or any mainstream crap. Eventually i left, on goods terms which i am happy about, but i still go there quite often, maybe too often. I am 21 now and it just seems that faces become more and more unfamiliar and i just end up strolling around in a daze not sure where i am going. Even though there a alot more people i don't know, there are still quite alot of people i do know. I feel that one of my problems is that i don't have a close group of friends, i just know loads of people. As i walk around i just get all these different people saying hello to me and then i just get stuck with who to hang out with. I did have one of my bestest and closest friends there last night but unfortunately she was with an old group of her friends which left me out of the picture. All this has made me think, maybe it's time for something new, I'm getting fed up of going to the same place all the time, hearing the same music and walking around in the same confused state i always do. Maybe I'm just more of a pub person now...

No comments:

Post a Comment